Bob Sherman - Work History
Fellow -- Instrumentation, Systems and Automation Society (ISA)
Thirty-plus years of international business and project management experience with intensive client focus. Award-winning expertise in multiple technical areas, project and business management across a wide spectrum of functional organizations and diverse industries. Proven track record with significant accomplishments in cost control and achieving schedules while meeting technical specifications.
PREVIOUS PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Petrolab Company Latham (Albany), NY
Total responsibility for all facets of strategic and tactical management of sales, service/calibration, systems engineering, production planning and fabrication for a $5+ million(US) enterprise:
- Strategic planning for market positioning and product development/acquisition.
- Tactical management for cash flow, personnel matters and inventory control.
DEARBORN PROFESSIONAL SERVICES INC. Chicago, IL
Manager - Advanced Solutions Group
Managed corporate technical resources to engineer, construct, and commission projects without disrupting clients’ process unit operations across a broad spectrum of process and industrial plant sites.
- Expert process consulting to provide solutions for performance guarantee issues between USS-Gary Works and Air & Water Technologies for #3 Sinter Plant Desulfurization Unit start-up.
- Developed training courses for local IBEW and Operating Engineers’ unions to upgrade their members’ skills to better serve the higher skill requirements of process industry clients.
MIDDOUGH ASSOCIATES INC. Chicago, IL
FLUOR DANIEL Chicago, IL
Senior Project Manager (Principal Technical Specialist)
For a two (2) year period spent 1-week in Charlotte, NC, 2-weeks in Tokyo and 1-week in Indonesia.
Completed assignment with commissioning over a 6-month continuous period in Indonesia.
- Assistant Consortium Startup Manager for Duke/Fluor Daniel - managed manpower and documentation for combined US, Japanese and Indonesian staff of 240 for $2.7 billion (US) 2 x 650 MW power plants project constructed at Paiton, Java Timor, Republic of Indonesia.
- Discipline Lead Engineer (Senior Technical Specialist) -achieved seven-month delivery for project ($36 million) with 56 CEMS and their data management/reporting systems.
Consulting Technologists Inc. Chicago, IL
- Designed and fabricated process analyzer systems for refineries and CEMS for electric utilities.
- Designed, fabricated, supervised installation and commissioned 21 refinery process analyzers.
- Performed site surveys for Consortium Federale de Electricidad (31 plants in ~60days) for compliance with NAFTA Free Trade agreement.
AMOCO OIL COMPANY Chicago, IL
- Controlled $30 million corporate budget for process analysis and control system projects.
- Set Control System Engineering Standards for all U.S. refineries.
- Lead engineering to combine multiple Whiting refinery control rooms into centralized control facility and conversion of Salt Lake City refinery from pneumatic controls to electronic DCS.
- Executive Management Program University of Illinois-Chicago
- MSBA Management Sciences Indiana University
- MS Chemistry St. Louis University
- BS in Chemistry (ACS certification) St. Louis University